Happy Thursday to you all in the eClub world!
My own week has been rewardingly spent working with very young children. As a most-truthful consequence, my brain is feeling a bit tapped for authoring creative bits of bulletin news. I will be brief:
Exciting news, everyone! For the first time in our club’s history - perhaps a first in the history of District 5010 - we may get a live, at-the-moment glimpse of RYLA on Saturday! See the upcoming meetings below…
-Yours in Secretarial Service,
My happy $5 - RYLA and the youngest of generations: may they develop into confident well-reasoned adults in the course of time. Here in Ketchikan - and I think in Soldotna, as well - we’ve had a great experience partnering with local clubs to select and send RYLA students.
Who else is happy? Tell us about it!
A reminder about our meeting this Saturday (8:00am AK time):
eClub meeting: 3-25-17, 8:00am AK time
The eClub will be making a concise, quick presentation on The 5010 Big Clean on Friday, April14th, shortly after lunch. What that looks like is Brian carefully speaking for no longer than 4 minutes, and sharing about how the Big Clean model of service has worked for us. As the presentation is put together, A) I’ll get some refresher information out about that project to all the members, new and former and B) I’ll certainly check-in with (at least) other Board members as I go.
If anyone has a suggestion for a simple service project or organization to work with in Sitka, please let us know! Our primary service location has politely said that they do not have a project available for us on that schedule, so we're looking for new ideas.
March 25 RYLA Day! Featuring previous student Kade McAdams and a GotoMeeting walking tour of the Saturday morning events.
April 8 Looking Ahead: Club Goals & Plans 2017-18 Sharon Durtka
April 22 Fundraising Strategies Ken Miller
April 28 Special Live Meeting at District Conference in Sitka (8:00 am)
May 13 District & Global Grants for Club Projects Will Files
- Become a member, contact one of our board members and review club documents on clubrunner
- Do a makeup meeting, look under the meetings menu for the current weeks meeting and send an email to the club secretary with comments to receive a makeup for your club.
- Request to be added to the club bulletin for updates on club activities and meetings
- Friend us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rotaryeclub5010/
- Visit a member. Are you traveling? Our members are located throughout the world. We are Alaska based but world minded and would enjoy meeting you and exchanging banners and especially enjoy you joining one of our live meetings.
United States +1 (312) 757-3129
Canada +1 (647) 497-9391
Your map will be accessible at https://www.mapcustomizer.com/